Vegetarian Tortilla Soup with Avocado
Ingredients1 h servings 259
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange tortilla strips on a baking sheet and lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat; saute onion, red bell pepper, and garlic until onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice, zucchini, corn, and mushrooms; saute until zucchini is slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix vegetable broth, chili powder, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer soup until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir cilantro into soup and remove stockpot from heat.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls; top with tortilla strips, avocado slices, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- Corn tortillas can be used in place of flour if desired.
Per Serving: 259 calories; 12 32.2 8.9 13 621 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I loved this recipe, thank you for sharing it! I garnished with avocado slices and a little queso fresco...delicious! It's a keeper!
Great vegetarian option for chicken tortilla soup! Love the addition of the hot sauce. I added a little bit of fresh squeezed lime juice. Quick and delicious!
This is a really flavorful soup. I actually made it with chicken broth and canned corn. Light , meatless and delicious. I'll definitely make it again!
This has become a family favorite at my house! I omit the hot sauce and dice a poblano pepper and a jalapeno instead. We serve it with tortilla chips instead of baked tortillas, and use sour cr...
I liked it, but I found such a variety of ingredients a little overwhelming. Next time I'll make it when I'm missing some ingredients to tone it down a little. I already skipped the cheese this ...
Amazing soup! I've wanted something Mexican inspired with a bit of heat and hearty. This did the trick. The best part is that you can spice it up if it is to bland for your liking.