Ingredients1 h servings 473
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and salt; stir to coat sweet potatoes with oil and saute until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Transfer sweet potatoes to a plate and season with more salt.
- Saute onion and garlic in the same skillet until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and steam until tender, about 4 minutes. Cut asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss sweet potatoes, onion-garlic mixture, asparagus, and quinoa together in a bowl; cool to room temperature. Add cashews and top with more olive oil and salt.
- Cook's Note:
- Toasted walnuts can be substituted for the cashews if desired.
Per Serving: 473 calories; 16.4 70 14.1 0 218 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this as a side dish to complement a light fish meal. I used red quinoa because that is what we prefer. I'm not sure about the asparagus in this. It just didn't seem to fit. I will mak...
this recipe was very good but I made a few changes to it. I added green peas instead of asparagus (because I didn't have any) and for seasoning, I sprinkled some curry powder in. it was very tas...
I followed the recipe with the following changes. I h ad no asparagus so I used green beans, and I had no cashews so I used walnuts. The sweet potatoes took way longer to cook (maybe I cut them...
I loved this dish! Added Rosemary to taste and omitted the garlic and was delicious! Leftovers just as good...will make again!