"Our German host daughter is a lovely girl. Her parents sent this recipe to me along with several others when I felt she might be craving some foods from home. The entire family loves these. The best way I can describe them is like a baked pizza hush puppy. Just fabulous! You may need to adjust to your taste."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 198
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a jelly roll pan or large baking sheet with edges.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Stir mozzarella cheese, onions, and bacon bits into flour mixture.
- Combine quark cheese, milk, and 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon oil in a separate bowl; mix into flour mixture until thoroughly combined using your hands. Roll mixture into 15 even balls. Arrange balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Quark is a German yogurt-type cheese and very hard to find here in the US. If you can't find it, don't beat yourself up. You can substitute yogurt cheese or plain Greek yogurt for the quark. The substitutions will be delicious as well!
- Provolone cheese can be substituted for mozzarella cheese if desired.
Per Serving: 198 calories; 10.1 18.1 8.2 15 354 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1