Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients16 h 27 m servings 276
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place beans in a bowl with water to cover. Soak 8 hours to overnight.
- Drain the beans; place in a slow cooker with ham hock and salt. Cover with water. Cook on Low until beans are soft, about 8 hours.
- Place bacon in a large pot. Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until starting to crisp, about 6 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer beans to the bacon mixture using a slotted spoon. Mash with a potato masher, adding liquid from the slow cooker as needed. Add chili powder. Cook and stir until combined, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If a ham hock is not available, you can use any pork scraps instead.
- The amount of bacon used should add up to about 6 slices.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of ham hock. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 12.7 22.6 17.5 36 1088 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1