Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 208 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves together in a bowl.
- Beat oil, applesauce, brown sugar, white sugar, and orange juice together in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into applesauce mixture, beating until each egg is fully incorporated before adding next egg.
- Mix flour mixture into applesauce mixture, alternating with carrots, walnuts, and jalapeno pepper, until batter is just blended; pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
Per Serving: 208 calories; 14 g fat; 19.9 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 163 mg sodium. Full nutrition