Ingredients4 h 55 m servings 396 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir cookie crumbs and butter together in a bowl. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and set, about 10 minutes; cool completely.
- Heat 2/3 cup cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until just barely bubbling, 3 to 4 minutes. Place white chocolate in a bowl and pour hot cream over the chocolate. Whisk until white chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Puree 2/3 pound strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Fold 1/2 the whipped cream into the cooled white chocolate mixture. Fold white chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream. Add the strawberry puree and fold until just combined. Spoon strawberry mixture on top of the crumb crust in the springform pan. Top with chopped strawberries. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- If the chocolate does not completely melt with the hot cream, microwave the chocolate for about 30 seconds and whisk until smooth.
Per Serving: 396 calories; 27.7 g fat; 33.8 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 60 mg cholesterol; 176 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
i followed the recipe and it came out great the only thing is its way to sweet. next time i would not use no were near the recommended amount of white chocolate. it just is to much and makes it ...
This was delicious! Very light and summery. I followed another reviewer's suggestion and used just over half a bag of Ghirardelli Classic White Chips. My boys gave this dessert rave review...