Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 398
- Place the cedar plank in water to soak, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, herbes de Provence, dill, tarragon, paprika, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Place halibut steaks on the cedar plank. Season to taste with pepper; spoon half the butter mixture onto the halibut.
- Place the cedar plank into the grill; cook, with grill lid closed, for 20 minutes. Open grill; baste halibut with remaining butter mixture. Continue grilling until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 27 2.3 35.8 115 256 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
I made half the recipe, going light on the herbs because I thought they might be too much as written. They weren't. I'd make this as written, especially if you are lucky enough to get a thick ...
Be sure to use cedar... I used hickory planks and soaked them for two hours. This did not fare well.
Wow! What a great recipe! The only thing I changed was, I used fresh tarragon instead of the dried because the dried was not available. It would be a great way to prepare fish for a large d...
This was the best halibut I've had so far! The flavours were amazing with the herbed butter and smokey flavour of the cedar truly knocked it out of the park. I took hints from other reviewers an...
Delicious! First time I cooked halibut. So tender, melted in your mouth. Sauce was perfect- complimented the delicate fish without overpowering it.
This is just a fantastic way to cook Halibut or Sea Bass. We've done it about 10 times now, wouldn't change a thing.
Great Halibut recipe, marinade was spot on. On cedar planking, preheat your soaked plank 5 mins on high till it smokes a bit and begins to crackle. Turn down heat to low and drop your fish on. M...
This was amazing just as written. We had several courses coming off the grill that night and this took best of the BBQ. Thanks so much for sharing.