Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 398
- Place the cedar plank in water to soak, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, herbes de Provence, dill, tarragon, paprika, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Place halibut steaks on the cedar plank. Season to taste with pepper; spoon half the butter mixture onto the halibut.
- Place the cedar plank into the grill; cook, with grill lid closed, for 20 minutes. Open grill; baste halibut with remaining butter mixture. Continue grilling until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 27 2.3 35.8 115 256 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 20
I made half the recipe, going light on the herbs because I thought they might be too much as written. They weren't. I'd make this as written, especially if you are lucky enough to get a thick ...
Be sure to use cedar... I used hickory planks and soaked them for two hours. This did not fare well.
Wow! What a great recipe! The only thing I changed was, I used fresh tarragon instead of the dried because the dried was not available. It would be a great way to prepare fish for a large d...
This was the best halibut I've had so far! The flavours were amazing with the herbed butter and smokey flavour of the cedar truly knocked it out of the park. I took hints from other reviewers an...
Excellent. Absolutely delicious. One thing I did was charred the side of the plank I placed the fish on. I’m going to try it on an Alder plank instead of a Cedar one next time. Definitely have t...
I made some minor changes to the marinade/sauce. We did not have Herbs de Provence, and some mebers of the family are dairy free, so I substituted 1) a similar type of herb mix and 2) olive oil ...
This was amazing! Easy to do and fabulous! I substituted some of the herbs but i did use tarragon and dill. Wow Yum! Wish i would have soaked the plank longer as it caught fire, but maybe that a...