"I originally developed these pancakes to accommodate a gluten-free, sugar-free diet. They are as versatile as traditional pancakes and can be dressed up or down as the meal requires. My favorite is to serve them with a pineapple-coconut-macadamia nut relish, but they're just as good served traditionally with butter and syrup (agave nectar is a great syrup). Maybe add a dollop of whipped cream on each stack."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 241
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Whisk coconut flour, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Mix buttermilk, egg yolks, butter, and almond extract together in a separate bowl.
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) or a skillet over medium-high heat; lightly grease with macadamia nut oil.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until medium peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the tip of the peak formed by the egg whites should curl over slightly.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture; fold in egg whites, 1/3 at a time, until batter is just mixed and thick.
- Ladle batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
You might also like
Per Serving: 241 calories; 14.6 17.2 10.2 180 808 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1