Ingredients25 m servings 373
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or in a large saucepan to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Beat coconut milk, all-purpose flour, egg, almond flour, coconut flour, honey, and guar gum together in a bowl using a hand blender until batter resembles thick pancake batter.
- Drop batter by rounded spoonfuls, working in batches, into the hot oil; fry until donuts are dark brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove donuts with a slotted spoon. Pour confectioners' sugar into a shallow bowl. Roll donuts in confectioners' sugar until coated.
- Cook's Note:
- Any nut flour would work in place of the almond flour.
- Substitute agave nectar for honey for vegan donuts.
- Always make one test donut to check for time and texture before making the remainder.
- Cinnamon-sugar can be used in place of the confectioners' sugar if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 373 calories; 29.5 26.5 3.6 46 20 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Definitely a keeper recipe! If you are looking for a "feed that craving" donut this is for you! The fact that it is GF is simply a plus, but will satisfy anyone; celiac or not. The coconut fla...
These were pretty good. However, the taste was very bland. I added about 2 teaspoons of nutmeg. It was also not sweet enough, so i made a cream cheese pumpkin filling, and that turned out great....
I have not tried this recipe yet, but I intend to soon. It looks delicious. In response to foodiegoodie, you should be able to substitute xanthan gum for the guar gum. It is more commonly use...
This was a fantastic recipe, and it was so happy to find it. I was a little nervous at the lack of other's reviews, but needed a gf recipe for a school function. I made the recipe as instructed,...
I had been craving donuts for about a month now and I cant have gluten so this recipe was a God send in this situation.. I printed the recipe and started to make it.. I made a cpl substitutions ...
I gave this recipe four stars as is but with a few modifications it gets five stars. :-) Based on some other reviews, I added 1 T. baking powder and 1 T. of sugar and I upped the honey from 2 ts...
Wow! So amazing. I added an extra egg (by accident) because I quadrupled the recipe. I also replaced the honey with brown sugar because I didn't have honey and I got Gluten Free Louisiana sty...
So yummy and fluffy. Will try adding baking powder next time. Keep the balls small so they get a chance to cook fully before burning. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing!