Ingredients10 h 30 m servings 327 cals
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook beef roast in the hot oil until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer roast to a slow cooker. Pour tomatoes and beef broth over roast; add onions and bell peppers.
- Mix tomato paste, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, cumin, and salt together in a bowl; pour over onions and bell peppers.
- Cook on High for 1 hour. Decrease heat to Low and cook until beef is tender enough to shred, about 8 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred on a work surface using 2 forks. Return shredded beef to slow cooker; add cilantro and stir.
- Cook on Low for 1 hour more.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 13.7 g fat; 20.3 g carbohydrates; 30.2 g protein; 65 mg cholesterol; 1153 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 33
Easy to made dinner. I had ropa vieja before in different Cuban restaurants and this recipe is the best. Thank You
This was really good. I didn't change a thing. I think this makes a great summer dish. There was quite a bit of juice in the crock pot. So I pulled servings out with a pair of tongs, and served ...
In addition, I put some cumin. Served it with "moros y cristianos" (rice cooked with black beans), fried ripe platain slices and avocado. I felt like in Havana!
Used peanut oil (high heat tolerance) to brown the roast. Added one blackened/peeled diced poblano to the other 3 peppers (red/orange/green) which gave it just a hint of smokey spice. This was...
This was excellent! The sirloin tip roasts have almost no fat and the dish was a big hit with my family. Even my young granddaughters liked it. I made this for our Mother's Day meal today as ...
Great recipe and a MUST with cilantro rice. Taste just like the Cuban restaurants down in Houston.
Really enjoyed this, as did my girlfriend. I used red, yellow, and green peppers, but otherwise, followed the recipe as written. Quick to prepare, and delicious...