Ingredients10 h 30 m servings 327
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook beef roast in the hot oil until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer roast to a slow cooker. Pour tomatoes and beef broth over roast; add onions and bell peppers.
- Mix tomato paste, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, cumin, and salt together in a bowl; pour over onions and bell peppers.
- Cook on High for 1 hour. Decrease heat to Low and cook until beef is tender enough to shred, about 8 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred on a work surface using 2 forks. Return shredded beef to slow cooker; add cilantro and stir.
- Cook on Low for 1 hour more.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 13.7 20.3 30.2 65 1153 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 36
This was really good. I didn't change a thing. I think this makes a great summer dish. There was quite a bit of juice in the crock pot. So I pulled servings out with a pair of tongs, and served ...
In addition, I put some cumin. Served it with "moros y cristianos" (rice cooked with black beans), fried ripe platain slices and avocado. I felt like in Havana!
Easy to made dinner. I had ropa vieja before in different Cuban restaurants and this recipe is the best. Thank You
Used peanut oil (high heat tolerance) to brown the roast. Added one blackened/peeled diced poblano to the other 3 peppers (red/orange/green) which gave it just a hint of smokey spice. This was...
I never give reviews but I had to on this one. By far the best slow cooker recipe I've tried from this website. It was PERFECT. I paired it with rice and beans. I loved it! I was born and raised...
Freezes really well. Put it out as taco filling for taco bar. Everyone liked it.
This was excellent! The sirloin tip roasts have almost no fat and the dish was a big hit with my family. Even my young granddaughters liked it. I made this for our Mother's Day meal today as ...