Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 349 cals
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Spread popcorn in the bottom of a large, deep roasting pan. Sprinkle peanuts over the popcorn.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt together in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until sugar and butter are melted and sauce is thick and caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour caramel sauce over the popcorn and peanuts and stir to coat popcorn and peanuts completely, scooping any peanuts and caramel that fall to the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until caramel and popcorn are crisped, about 45 minutes. Turn popcorn out in a single layer on a sheet of parchment paper to cool completely.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 21.8 g fat; 37.4 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 28 mg cholesterol; 314 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
For Christmas at work I made this recipe into popcorn balls (using a little less popcorn, so they would coat & stick together well). This was soooo easy to make, even in bulk batches. Thanks for...
I actually prefer this to regular Cracker Jacks. You get all the good flavor without having any stale pieces. I also like being able to control the popcorn-to-nut ratio!
These are better than the original cracker jacks! I only had light brown sugar and light corn syrup on hand, so I used them and added about two tablespoons of molasses. I used regular peanut...
Made this for Christmas but forgot to take a photo. So I made it for New Year's Eve. So very easy, but when using a dark pan top shelf of oven and take it out first.
Just like the stuff you find at the baseball parks! Delicious and addictive!