Easter White Borscht
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 732
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring water, kielbasa, and 2 whole cloves garlic to boil in a large pot; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove sausage and pour liquid into a separate bowl. Cut sausage into cubes.
- Melt butter over medium heat in the pot used to boil sausage; cook and stir leeks, onion, and minced garlic until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a blender; add about 1/2 cup reserved sausage water and blend until smooth, adding more water as needed.
- Pour vegetable puree and remaining sausage water back into the original pot. Add bay leaves and bring borscht to a simmer over medium heat; remove and discard leaves. Whisk sour cream and flour in a bowl until smooth; gradually whisk into borscht until thickened. Stir dill and vinegar into soup and season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide cubed sausage and chopped eggs into bowls; ladle borscht over sausage and egg.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use half a jar of fermented rye flour in place of the vinegar. You can find in European delis.
Per Serving: 732 calories; 62.6 15 26.4 249 1638 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1