Jan's Carrot Soup - Vegan and Dairy-Free
Ingredients55 m servings 135 cals
- Put carrots, onions, sweet potato, garlic, and parsley in a large stock pot; add enough water to cover.
- Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir vegetable broth, tomato paste, hot sauce, salt, black pepper, and paprika into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend soup with a stick blender until smooth. Or pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have a sweet potato, you can substitute 1 cup white or brown rice.
- Add your own spices such as ginger or curry.
- You can adjust how thick you prefer the soup to be by adding more broth, tomato sauce, or potatoes.
- Freezes perfectly!
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 0.7 g fat; 30.7 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 676 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Great soup! Simple yet bold, that is the best way to describe it. It doesn't taste like pureed carrots or even one distinct flavour. I think the sweet potato gives it an edge but it isn't an evi...
I put my own twist on it, but this is a SUPER tasty recipe! My carrots took a lot longer than half an hour to soften, but that's ok, I had time! My family loved the soup, and that's all that rea...
Great flavor, a little bit hotter than my tastes, but great easy option
Even my husband loved it. It took more time then in the recipe and next time I would put little less Tabasco.
I really liked this soup. I don't like spicy foods so i omitted the hot sauce. I think next time I will halve the tomato paste . I felt it overpowered the carrot and sweet potato. It was sti...