Jan's Carrot Soup - Vegan and Dairy-Free
Ingredients55 m servings 135
- Put carrots, onions, sweet potato, garlic, and parsley in a large stock pot; add enough water to cover.
- Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir vegetable broth, tomato paste, hot sauce, salt, black pepper, and paprika into vegetable mixture; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend soup with a stick blender until smooth. Or pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have a sweet potato, you can substitute 1 cup white or brown rice.
- Add your own spices such as ginger or curry.
- You can adjust how thick you prefer the soup to be by adding more broth, tomato sauce, or potatoes.
- Freezes perfectly!
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 0.7 30.7 3.6 0 676 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I put my own twist on it, but this is a SUPER tasty recipe! My carrots took a lot longer than half an hour to soften, but that's ok, I had time! My family loved the soup, and that's all that rea...
Great soup! Simple yet bold, that is the best way to describe it. It doesn't taste like pureed carrots or even one distinct flavour. I think the sweet potato gives it an edge but it isn't an evi...
Great flavor, a little bit hotter than my tastes, but great easy option
Even my husband loved it. It took more time then in the recipe and next time I would put little less Tabasco.
I really liked this soup. I don't like spicy foods so i omitted the hot sauce. I think next time I will halve the tomato paste . I felt it overpowered the carrot and sweet potato. It was sti...
Silky and spicy. Actually even enjoyed it cold the next day.