Slow Cooker Creamy Roasted Garlic Chicken
made it | 0 reviews |
Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
"Slow-cooked chicken, browned and served with a creamy roasted garlic sauce, makes a comforting meal and is great served with couscous."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 55 m servings 873 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place onion in slow cooker. Arrange chicken pieces over onion, in single layer if possible.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking sauce in small bowl; refrigerate. In separate bowl, stir together remaining cooking sauce and the thyme with whisk. Pour over chicken.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 hours 30 minutes (or Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours) or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest pieces are cut to bone (at least 165 degrees F).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker to plate; cover to keep warm. Add flour to reserved cooking sauce; stir with whisk until blended. Stir into sauce in slow cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, set oven control to broil. Line broiler pan or cookie sheet with foil. Place chicken, skin side up, on pan. Broil with tops 6 inches from heat 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve chicken with sauce. If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Per Serving: 873 calories; 76.4 g fat; 8.4 g carbohydrates; 35.7 g protein; 141 mg cholesterol; 346 mg sodium. Full nutrition