Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 527 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, chorizo, and onion until meat is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, coriander, and black pepper. Add black beans, tomatoes, and corn; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a microwave-safe bowl; heat on high until melted, about 1 minute. Stir cream cheese mixture until smooth; spread over meat mixture. Layer hash browns over cream cheese mixture and top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and potatoes are lightly brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce and guacamole.
- Cook's Note:
- For a more authentic dish, substitute queso panela for the cream cheese and queso blanco for the cheddar.
Per Serving: 527 calories; 37.7 g fat; 40.2 g carbohydrates; 24.2 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 1125 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I made this recipe last night. I made a few changes because it's what I had at hand. I used all chorizo, which made it a little spicer, added a plobano pepper from my garden, and microwaved a fe...
I hate to rate this when I really just used it as a base recipe and made my own modifications to it but I would imagine the actual recipe is pretty good. I'm really just reviewing this for my ow...
I was blown away at how flavorful this dish turned out to be. I only had chorizo so I used a pound instead of half beef and half chorizo. The only other change I made was to add a clove of gar...
Super yummy!! I used just chorizo (about 3/4 lb), and I used 1tsp chili instead of 1 tbsp. I peeled and microwaved about 1.5lbs of potatoes and shreded them (next time I will put the shredded po...
Yes, please!! I didn't have chorizo, so I used a pound of ground beef instead. Otherwise I followed the recipe. It doesn't look like much once you mix it around on your plate, but I assure yo...
I made this recipe couple times. Family enjoys it. I used fresh potatoes. Also I used 2 cans diced tomatoes. Also I cooked the casserole longer. Another change I made was I used chorizo and Ital...
I baked potatoes 2 days prior and then just sliced them on top of meat. I added 3 color bell peppers and garlic. It looked like Shepard's pie with scalloped potatoes. My family loved it!