Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 527
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, chorizo, and onion until meat is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, coriander, and black pepper. Add black beans, tomatoes, and corn; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a microwave-safe bowl; heat on high until melted, about 1 minute. Stir cream cheese mixture until smooth; spread over meat mixture. Layer hash browns over cream cheese mixture and top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and potatoes are lightly brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce and guacamole.
- Cook's Note:
- For a more authentic dish, substitute queso panela for the cream cheese and queso blanco for the cheddar.
Per Serving: 527 calories; 37.7 40.2 24.2 78 1125 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
I made this recipe last night. I made a few changes because it's what I had at hand. I used all chorizo, which made it a little spicer, added a plobano pepper from my garden, and microwaved a fe...
I hate to rate this when I really just used it as a base recipe and made my own modifications to it but I would imagine the actual recipe is pretty good. I'm really just reviewing this for my ow...
Didn't use chorizo, only ground beef. My biggest question was whether the hash browns were added thawed or frozen? I did frozen and it worked out but perhaps cooked a little longer to accommodat...
I was blown away at how flavorful this dish turned out to be. I only had chorizo so I used a pound instead of half beef and half chorizo. The only other change I made was to add a clove of gar...
Super yummy!! I used just chorizo (about 3/4 lb), and I used 1tsp chili instead of 1 tbsp. I peeled and microwaved about 1.5lbs of potatoes and shreded them (next time I will put the shredded po...
Yes, please!! I didn't have chorizo, so I used a pound of ground beef instead. Otherwise I followed the recipe. It doesn't look like much once you mix it around on your plate, but I assure yo...
I made this recipe couple times. Family enjoys it. I used fresh potatoes. Also I used 2 cans diced tomatoes. Also I cooked the casserole longer. Another change I made was I used chorizo and Ital...
I baked potatoes 2 days prior and then just sliced them on top of meat. I added 3 color bell peppers and garlic. It looked like Shepard's pie with scalloped potatoes. My family loved it!