Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 84 cals
- Heat milk in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave until warmed, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup flour and yeast to warm milk. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Stir carrots, honey, and salt into yeast mixture. Mix flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, into carrot mixture, mixing thoroughly after each addition until a smooth dough forms. Mix butter into dough until thoroughly integrated using your hands. Cover bowl with a damp, clean towel.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place bowl with dough on top of oven while it preheats until dough has doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Form dough into rolls and arrange on a baking sheet; loosely cover dough with a clean towel or plastic wrap and let rise, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until rolls are lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 84 calories; 1.6 g fat; 14.9 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 83 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These were really tasty. Will try this recipe again and maybe some other shredded veggie... good base.. can add most any shredded veggie
Definitely not enough flour for the moisture in the milk and the carrots. OK flavor, but not planning to put them in the family rotation.
These are flavorful and tender. Even my son who hates carrots liked them, and a good thing, too. I wish I had noted the servings before I made these. For a family dinner I would quarter or even ...
The rolls were yummy, will definitely do them again wth maybe 1cup of milk bcz I had to add more flour bcz the though was too wet.