Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 706
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Arrange green chile peppers on a baking sheet.
- Roast peppers in the preheated oven, turning 1 or 2 times, until skins are charred and blackened, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer chile peppers to a resealable plastic bag and seal; set aside until steam starts to peel away skins, about 10 minutes. Carefully open bag and peel skins from peppers. Dice peppers.
- Dice 1/2 the bell pepper and 2/3 the onion and mix with tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, tomato juice, lime juice, garlic, salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt together in a bowl. Cover pico de gallo and refrigerate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Thinly slice the remaining 1/3 onion and 1/2 bell pepper; cook and stir with chicken and mushrooms in the hot oil until vegetables are just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add roasted green chile peppers, chili powder, oregano, 1 pinch garlic salt, and 1 pinch black pepper; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir enough enchilada sauce into vegetable mixture just to coat.
- Spread pepperjack cheese and Cheddar cheese onto 1/2 of each tortilla. Spread a layer of vegetable mixture over cheese layer. Fold each tortilla over vegetable-cheese layer. Brush the outsides of tortillas with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Cook quesadillas, working in batches, in a sandwich press or in a skillet over medium heat until browned and cheeses are melted, about 2 minutes; cut into 4 wedges. Serve quesadillas with the pico de gallo.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe can be spicy for non-chile-eaters. Use mild enchilada sauce or less red chile powder to cut the heat.
Per Serving: 706 calories; 35.4 52 46.6 115 1301 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Since I am Veg, I made it without the chicken but it still came out great. the kids loved it and I will now make it a regular.