Ingredients50 m servings 798
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour 3/4 cup chicken broth over garlic mixture; stir in red peppers. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until broth is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Pour cream into broth mixture; bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook chicken in the hot oil, occasionally pressing with the back of a slotted spatula, until no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer chicken to a work surface and cover with a piece of aluminum foil; discard fat from skillet.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth into the same large skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Pour broth mixture into cream sauce; stir in basil.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the fettuccine, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer pasta to a bowl and toss with 3 to 4 tablespoons cream sauce.
- Cut each chicken breast into 2 to 3 diagonal slices. Transfer pasta to serving plates; top with chicken and cream sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- Add a mix of cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce.
Per Serving: 798 calories; 47.1 58.5 36.8 188 760 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made it in my Instant Pot using frozen thighs. I added the other ingredients and pressure cooked for 15 minutes; then manually released; added cream. Very tasty sauce and tender and moist ch...
This sauce was sooo delicious! Restaurant quality! Served with asparagus instead of fettuccine (the sauce even tastes great over the asparagus). The only change I made was that I used 4 clove...
Excellent recipe! I added about 6 cloves of garlic and served with bow tie pasta and a side of asparagus. This would be good over rice or just with fresh string beans or asparagus. As the othe...