Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Ingredients10 h 40 m servings 399 cals
- Spread baby carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker crock. Pour water over the vegetables.
- Season the lean side of the corned beef brisket with onion powder and garlic powder. Set seasoned brisket onto the vegetables with the fatty side facing upwards. Pour beer over the brisket. Sprinkle contents of the spice packet over the brisket.
- Cook on Low for 10 hours.
- Remove brisket to a cutting board. Stir cabbage into the liquid and vegetable mixture remaining in the slow cooker.
- Cook cabbage on High until tender, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Slice corned beef and serve with cabbage mixture.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 399 calories; 22.6 g fat; 21.9 g carbohydrates; 24.8 g protein; 115 mg cholesterol; 1386 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This wasn't too bad. I really like the corned beef, but the vegetables, especially the carrots and potatoes, had a really overpowering and bitter beer taste. I made the recipe exactly as written...
I did not change anything, but should have....the amt of onion and garlic powders are way too much.