Vegan Gluten-Free Lactation Cookies
Ingredients30 m servings 117
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Blend garbanzo beans in a food processor until chopped into very small pieces; transfer to a large bowl and add peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir mixture until ingredients are incorporated into a dough-like substance. Fold chocolate chips, oats, flaxseed meal, and brewer's yeast into the bean mixture.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of the 'dough' onto prepared sheet. Flatten cookies somewhat with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Some vegans don't consider sugar or Splenda® to be truly vegan. You can sub 1/4 cup raw honey or molasses for sweetness instead of sugar. Sub raisins for chocolate chips.
- You can also sub 1/2 cup organic coconut oil or any nut butter for the peanut butter.
- Flax seeds and brewer's yeast are what make these lactation cookies in addition to the oats.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 6.6 12 4 0 118 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I've made these cookies several times for my daughter who has celiac disease and is a nursing mom. She loves them, and fortunately will share them! You don't have to be a nursing mom to enjoy th...
I've never made cookies with a base of chickpeas before in my life. These came together quickly and were surprisingly delicious! I added about a 1/4 tsp. of salt, but otherwise they were perfect!
They are a healthy, tasty option for lactation cookies. They are moist, so I added 1/4 cup of gluten free flour to the mix, and that helped.
Thank you so much!!! They’re yummy and increased my supply within hours!