"I love pizza, but I can no longer eat yeast bread. I can have wheat though, so pasta is still in. To serve my pizza craving, I devised this dish that delivers all the goodness of a supreme combo pizza without the yeast bread. For a crowd, serve with garlic bread and salad and/or veggies on the side to really stretch this dish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 447 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat spaghetti sauce in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir sausage and water in a large skillet over medium heat, using a potato masher to break sausage into small pieces, until sausage is crumbly and almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add pepper and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley together in a bowl.
- Spread about 1 cup warmed spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce. Spread 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles, another 1 cup spaghetti sauce over the cheese, and 2/3 cup sausage mixture over the top. Sprinkle 1/2 of the pepperoni pieces, 1/2 of the sliced mushrooms, and 1/2 of the olives over the sausage mixture. Scatter 1/3 the mozzarella cheese over the top and arrange 3 lasagna noodles atop the cheese. Repeat layering again.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the lasagna and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbling around the edges, about 25 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and continue baking until cheese is melted and golden, about 5 minutes more. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 23.7 g fat; 29.9 g carbohydrates; 28.2 g protein; 117 mg cholesterol; 1301 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1