Braised Cabernet Beef Short Ribs
Ingredients5 h 20 m servings 337 cals
- Season ribs with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Sprinkle flour over both sides of the ribs.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook about half the garlic in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes; add short ribs and cook until completely browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Pour beef broth and wine into the pot; bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Transfer ribs and liquid to the crock of your slow cooker; put remaining garlic and sliced onion atop the ribs.
- Cook on Low for 5 hours. Remove ribs to a wide and shallow serving bowl. Ladle liquid from crock into a large skillet.
- Bring the liquid in a skillet to a boil and cook until reduced in volume by half, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour sauce over the ribs and turn ribs to coat.
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of putting into a slow cooker, you can bake in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 2 hours.
Per Serving: 337 calories; 17 g fat; 14.3 g carbohydrates; 23.6 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 2762 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was wonderful! The meat was tender and tasty and the sauce made it perfect yo serve over brown rice. I added mixed veggies and a homemade roll for a great winter evening dinner.
This is a great recipe for those who like bland food. The meat was fall-apart delicious, but it lacked flavor. I will try again adding different spices.
I’m not sure why this got some bad reviews because the recipe worked great for me. I omitted the fresh garlic and found that the powdered garlic alone provided plenty of garlic flavor. I think t...