Ingredients5 h 15 m servings 618
- Prepare a slow cooker crock with cooking spray.
- Spread celery, carrots, onion, and garlic in the bottom of the crock. Season short ribs with salt and pepper; place atop the vegetables. Pour beef consomme and water into the crock.
- Cook on High until the ribs are fork-tender, 5 to 7 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker to a platter. Strain the broth and discard the vegetables.
- Strip meat from the bones of the ribs. Discard bones and transfer meat to a bowl. Shred meat with 2 forks and serve with strained broth.
- Cook's Notes:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the vegetables. The actual amount of the vegetables consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 618 calories; 52.2 6 29.1 117 289 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This is so yummy! Used onion soup mix with beef broth since I didn't have beef consommé. Made mash potatoes and ended up eating the carrots too! Definitely a keeper in our house.
This was delicious. Hubby wound up adding potatoes to the crock pot and ate them along with the other vegtables. I followed the suggestion and ate it on a hoagie roll. Super tender and very tast...
Very pleased with the outcome of this recipe. I did not have any consomme but instead subbed 1 3/4 cup water and 1/4 marsala wine and added a beef bullion cube (for 2 cups). As per another rev...
We added some herbs and other ingredients to add more flavor. We served it with the vegetables like a stew. it was great.
These beef short ribs came out delicious. I made sure to use my large slow cooker so that I could put the ribs in single file. My only hope is that I can find these ribs again as they are far ...
These are great--even leftover! I didn't have any beef consume so I used some beef base--it worked well (water as listed +beef base 2 tsp -- no extra liquid). Added a couple of bay leaves and a...
The short ribs came out marvelous and this is a super easy recipe. My tweaks: 1. I put the meat and juice in the over to brown it a little on top (because my crew likes it well done and it bur...