Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 685
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a deep-dish pie plate with 1 pie crust.
- Beat ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, milk, wine, and mustard together in a large bowl until smooth. Stir basket cheese, roasted ham, and Italian-style ham into the ricotta mixture; season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Cut remaining pie crust into 3/4-inch strips and arrange to make a lattice over the top of the pie. Crimp and flute edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Leave pie out to cool to room temperature before refrigerating to chill completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Try black pepper-flavored ham in place of the Italian-style. Boiled ham can be used in place of the roasted ham, too.
- Fresh basket cheese is usually available in the supermarket just before Easter, or you can purchase it at an Italian specialty shop. Do not make the mistake of substituting fresh mozzarella cheese. It's not the same, and the pie will come out rubbery; trust me, I tried it.
- Cool to at least room temperature before serving. This pie is best when served cold.
Per Serving: 685 calories; 47.4 25.1 36.5 188 1746 Full nutrition