Tuscan Cheese Potato Bake
"Tasty combination of potatoes, cheese, and cream sauce with a crispy topping. You may add more cheese as a topping under the panko crumbs if desired. For a lighter version, use milk to replace the heavy cream and light sour cream instead of regular. You may also use Cheddar, Parmesan, or low-fat cheese."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 426
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic, and thyme in hot butter until onion is tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk flour, salt, and black pepper into onion mixture.
- Gradually whisk milk and cream into onion mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir sour cream into sauce until smooth; add fontina cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Arrange 1/2 the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour 1/2 the cheese sauce over the potatoes. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese sauce. Top with bread crumbs to cover potatoes entirely.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender and bread crumbs are golden brown, 60 to 70 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 426 calories; 30.4 29.9 10.1 93 635 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1