Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 519
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place a baking sheet on rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil and butter together in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, about 10 minutes. Add beef; cook and stir until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir flour, pepper, and salt into beef mixture; cook and stir until beef is coated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix beef stock, potatoes, carrots, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce into beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from heat and cool.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 pie crust. Spoon beef and potato filling into crust; top with remaining pie crust, crimping the 2 crusts together around the edges using a fork or your fingers. Brush top crust with milk.
- Place baking dish on the baking sheet in the oven and cook until crust is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 519 calories; 26.8 46.1 20 35 527 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is so good!!! I followed the whole trip to the letter- the only adjustments made were an additional stalk of celery and a cup of peas. I also added an additional 3 tablespoons of Worcesters...