Healthier Crema de Fruta
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 10 m servings 336
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Combine evaporated milk, milk, sugar, 1/2 cup water, flour, and egg yolks in a tempered glass bowl (such as Pyrex(R)).
- Fill a large bowl with ice water, creating an ice bath.
- Place milk mixture in a large saucepan of boiling water; cook, whisking constantly, until custard thickens and reaches a temperature of 170 degrees F (77 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer bowl to ice bath to cool the custard.
- Mix 1 1/4 cup water, 1 cup heavy syrup from fruit cocktail, gelatin, and lemon juice together in a separate saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until gelatin dissolves, 10 to 12 minutes. Refrigerate gelatin mixture until cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Layer ladyfingers in the bottom of a deep 9x13-inch dish; top with a custard layer and fruit cocktail layer. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients, ending with gelatin mixture covering the last fruit layer. Refrigerate until set, 8 hours to overnight.
You might also like
Per Serving: 336 calories; 8.6 49.9 16 183 124 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1