Ingredients5 h servings 568
- Beat butter in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Mix cream cheese and vanilla into creamed butter until smooth; stir in confectioners' sugar until incorporated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until mixture is firm, about 2 hours.
- Roll sugar mixture into small egg-shapes; arrange on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours more.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Dip eggs into melted chocolate using a fork or wooden skewer until evenly coated.
- Arrange dipped eggs on the prepared baking sheet; garnish with sprinkles. Allow chocolate to harden, about 30 minutes. Place eggs in paper muffin or candy cups and store in refrigerator.
Per Serving: 568 calories; 23.1 94.1 2.7 41 114 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Excellent. I rolled mine out on my counter with extra confectioner sugar. I was able to take my donut hole cutter and cut out little circles. I coated in chocolate. Everyone loved them. I even s...
We decided to make butter cream, peanut butter, and coconut cream eggs for Easter. We liked this for our butter cream egg recipe, but were slightly disappointed with the somewhat cream cheese f...
I searched and searched for a recipe to make butter cream Easter eggs. These are delicious and easy to make.
Everyone loved these butter cream eggs. They are really good. Putting into fridge for two hours twice is the only time consuming part of this recipe. And I used my deviled egg plate to size up m...