Red Lentil Burgers
Ingredients40 m servings 219 cals
- Combine water and lentils in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook until the water is completely absorbed and the lentils tender yet holding form, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer lentils to a large bowl and let cool.
- Stir onion, cilantro, garlic, mustard, cumin, parsley, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes into the lentils; add flour as needed to help absorb excess moisture and bind ingredients together. Shape lentil mixture into 4 patties.
- Prepare a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Cook burgers in the hot skillet until firm and hot in the center, 4 to 7 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- I had some issues with them falling apart as I tried to fry them. Then I tried to cook some in my George Foreman® Grill. Those worked, but took a long time for some reason. Next time I'll just do it in the oven.
Per Serving: 219 calories; 1.1 g fat; 38.9 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 106 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I found that the "batter" would not stick at all. I added an egg and increased the flour to 1/3 of a cup, then they would form patties.
recipe delivers a solid red lentil sandwich. Easy and satisfying. I will enjoy them again. Found 1/3 cup of mixture per patty was plenty big enough. While eating them, and cutting the finished s...
I loved this recipe. Even my picky teenage son ate one! Stored easily for lunches at work for the week too.