Ingredients45 m servings 188 cals
- Combine water, lentils, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook until all the water has been absorbed and lentils are nicely cooked, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash lentils with a potato masher; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute celery and red onion in hot oil until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard excess oil and transfer celery and onion to a bowl.
- Stir molasses, ginger, and mustard together in a small bowl; stir into the celery mixture until the celery and onion are evenly coated. Stir celery mixture into the mashed lentils. Shape lentil mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties in hot oil hot and firm in the center, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 188 calories; 7.9 g fat; 23.5 g carbohydrates; 7.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 412 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The flavor is amazing. BUT keeping the shape of the burger patties was a little difficult when I cooked them. So perhaps next time I might add bread crumbs to help the pattie maintain its shape ...
This reminds me of baked beans! Easy to make, great to eat! You have to make sure the lentils get well mashed, otherwise the burgers might break up when they are flipped! Thanks for the recip...
Great flavour combo Cheerios! What a nice melange of tastes and textures. I followed the recipe exactly and it renders a tasty, easy to handle, easy to fry "burger". I formed the patties diff...
This was very bland. Flavorless. Not sure how it got great reviews. If you are inclined to make it more seasoning will be needed. I would definitely cook the lentils an additional 10 min. as sug...