Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 218
- Pour lentils into a large saucepan with cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat paper with a layer of cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot oil until golden, about 6 minutes; add carrots, bell pepper, celery, and about 2/3 of the garlic. Continue to saute the mixture until the carrots begin to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Season mixture with cumin and cayenne pepper; remove skillet from heat.
- Stir lentils, bread crumbs, eggs, 3 tablespoons parsley, 3 tablespoons cilantro, salt, and pepper into the vegetable mixture; shape into patties and arrange onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake patties in preheated oven for 15 minutes, flip, and continue baking until brown and crispy, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, and the remaining parsley and cilantro together in a small bowl.
- Put each burger into a lettuce leaf and top with a dollop of yogurt sauce.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 8.5 26.4 10.4 52 862 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
My family wanted burgers tonight but I was not in the mood for a big beefy patty, so I found this recipe in my box, and thought I'd give it a go! I thought it was great, such a nice alternative...
These are amazing! I added worcestershire sauce and extra cilantro otherwise I followed the directions as noted. Will definitely make again.
LOVED these! They were a little crumbly, though, so the next time I puréed them with my immersion blender before baking and they held together much better. I don't like cilantro so I added a bit...
These r the best, I loved them. Froze some and they r still great reheated.
I thought these were great! A little time consuming but worth it. I've made different veggie burger recipes and have not been able to find one with a good consistency. These aren't perfect bu...
I put the burger between a slice of toasted whole-grain bread and added some guacamole and salsa. It was delicious.