Coconut Cream Pie with Truvia® Baking Blend
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 50 m servings 204
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Prepare single baked pie shell according to package instructions.
- Combine milk, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup Truvia(R) Baking Blend, and salt in heavy bottom saucepan and bring slowly to a boil.
- Pour remaining 3/4 cup coconut milk into a separate bowl and stir in cake flour, corn starch, whole egg, and egg yolk. Beat until smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the boiling mixture into the egg yolks to temper them. Then gradually pour the egg yolks back into the boiling mixture while whisking. Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Gradually add remaining Truvia(R) Baking Blend to egg whites while beating until soft peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into the hot mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour filling into a baked pie shell and sprinkle evenly with grated coconut.
- Cool pie completely on wire rack and store refrigerated for 4 hours.
- Beat whipping cream in a small bowl until glossy and stiff peaks form. Fold in Truvia(R) Baking Blend and vanilla extract.
- Spread whipped topping over the cooled pie before serving.
- Variation: Sprinkle toasted coconut on top of whipped cream to garnish, if desired. To toast coconut, place 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes until light golden.
Per Serving: 204 calories; 14.5 14.8 3.8 49 224 Full nutrition