Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 55 m servings 378
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place lentils into a bowl and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add curry powder, cardamom, ginger, cumin, and cayenne pepper; stir to coat. Mix lentils, yam, water, and coconut milk into onion mixture; cook and stir over low heat until liquid is mostly reduced and lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove wok from heat and lightly mash mixture.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons lentil mixture into the center of each pastry; fold pastry over filling creating a triangle. Fold edges into the triangle to seal. Arrange samosas on a baking sheet and brush remaining olive oil over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 378 calories; 7.9 65.5 11.8 5 440 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The sweet potato and seasonings compliment the lentils! Instead of the wrap you suggested, I made tortillas to put the mixture into. This was the 2nd time I made the recipe, and hope to have it...