Samosa Pot Pie
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 374
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir sweet onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in hot butter until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir carrots into the onion mixture; continue cooking and stirring until the carrot is slightly softened, about 5 minutes more. Add potatoes; stir.
- Mix milk, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, coriander, cumin, curry powder, garam masala, and ginger together in a bowl until the spices are dissolved into the liquid; pour over the vegetable mixture in the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir peas into the boiling mixture; cook until peas are warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour contents of pot into a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cut frozen puff pasty lengthwise into 3 even pieces; arrange atop the vegetable mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until the pastry is puffed and golden brown and the vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 21 40.1 8.1 26 479 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Unique, delicious take on a pot pie. I didn't quite like it with the puff pastry crust, but I put the filling into a freezer pie crust and put another pie crust on top and I couldn't get enough!
Added less of all the spices because I didn't have peas and made a smaller batch than the recipe asked for. Paired with homemade tzatziki.