Kimchi Fried Rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap)
Ingredients25 m servings 566
- Heat canola oil in large skillet over high heat. Stir ground beef and white parts of green onion into skillet and reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir beef and green onion until meat is browned and onion is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir kimchi and gochujang into meat mixture and cook until warmed through and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir until rice is heated through and coated with gochujang, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Drizzle sesame oil over rice mixture and stir to coat. Garnish with green parts of green onion.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Crack egg into the pan and cook until white is completely set and yolk is thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Place egg over fried rice.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 566 calories; 16.9 88.2 13.5 107 622 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
My toddler and I enjoyed this for lunch to use up leftover kimchi from another recipe. I scrambled the egg in like more traditional recipes and we liked that very much. Thanks for sharing!
Fried rice is such an easy classic, throw together meal with whatever odds and ends you may have. Since we have it regularly, I'm always looking for a different angle so it doesn't get boring. T...
I want to make it again and again, but unfortunately my husband and son didn't like it as much as I did (I guess because I'm a kimchee freak!)
I only used sesame oil, onion, salt n pepper, chopped kimchi and also kimchi juice to make the rice looks red and the taste is kimchi dominant as well.. just try it and compare them
First time having kimchi...but it won't be my last! I loved the tangy flavor. When I first smelled it I wasn't so sure but the taste was very good indeed. I did not use canola oil, the ground be...