Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 238
- Combine water and lentils in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover saucepan, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add carrots, onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic to lentils; cook until lentils are tender, about 15 minutes more. Remove saucepan from heat and slightly cool lentil mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease an oven-proof wire rack.
- Mix bread crumbs, eggs, olive oil, salt, and Italian seasoning in a bowl; add lentil mixture and stir until well combined. Form mixture into 6 to 8 patties and place on the prepared wire rack; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place wire rack with patties onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until burgers are firm, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Burgers can also be cooked in a greased skillet, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 238 calories; 8.2 35.6 12.4 93 565 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
We really like these burgers. The Panko breadcrumbs and eggs really help hold them together. I made a double batch and plan to freeze some of the mix for another time and am actually looking for...
This is by far one of the worst veggie/lentil burger recipes. I even boiled the lentils in vegetable broth and used the whole jalapeno but it had very little flavor. Takes a lot of time to fin...
love these. i had cooked red lentils on hand, so just sauteed the veg separately, then put it all in the food processor, and baked. i was out of eggs so used chia seed & water as a binder instea...