Ingredients30 m servings 305
- Chill a metal bowl in the freezer.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add hot sauce and sugar to garlic; cook and stir until mixture is reduced and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook wings in the hot oil until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove wings from hot oil using a slotted spoon and transfer to the chilled bowl. Add garlic-hot sauce to wings and toss to coat. Transfer coated wings to a serving platter and garnish with green onion.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 305 calories; 17.3 28.5 9.9 26 769 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Great flavor, and not real spicy. I added a bit of cornstarch to thicken this, and I ended up adding some ginger... but it would have been fine as written.
So good.. Tasted like a sweet Asian sauce. I made a double recipe of the sauce and saved the extra for another night. wasn't spicy at all. Granted... I used Frank's Red Hot WING sauce instead of...