Slow Cooker Pork with Apricots
Ingredients6 h 30 m servings 269
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper; cook in the hot skillet until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a plate, retaining drippings in the skillet.
- Heat remaining teaspoon olive oil in the retained drippings; add onions and season with remaining salt. Saute onions until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Spread about half the cooked onions and half the sliced apricots into the bottom of a slow cooker crock. Lay pork chops atop the onion and apricots. Layer remaining onion and apricots over the pork chops; add pineapple juice, ginger, thyme, and cinnamon stick.
- Cook on Low until the pork is fork-tender, 6 to 8 hours (or on High for 3 to 4 hours). Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Sprinkle cilantro over the mixture.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 10 30.6 16.2 38 471 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Didn't have pineapple juice so used white wine. Plus I cooked it in the pressure cooker for 11 min. Then sprinkled the dish with parsley as none of us like cilantro
I actually substituted dried peaches for apricots and the flavor was wonderful. 6 hours is way too long to cook, however. 3-4 hours on low would have been much better - my meat was a little toug...
I used pork tenderloin that I had in the freezer. Turned out a "winner..." in our family. A little sweet. Next time I will use less pineappple juice.