Perfect Peach Cobbler
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"I played with a base recipe and came up with this to take to a friend's pool party. It was such a hit. All the guys said, 'Gosh, I didn't know anyone knew how to use a Dutch oven anymore!' I told them they were my guinea pigs because this was my first attempt with fresh peaches instead of canned. I don't think I can go back now; it was perfect, especially served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. A little extra work but I can't wait to make it again."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 386
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Stir peaches, mango, rum, lemon zest, almond extract, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Stir water, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup stevia sugar substitute, and brown sugar substitute together in a pot; bring to a simmer. Stir peach mixture into pot; cook and stir until peaches are heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk flour, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup stevia sugar substitute, and a pinch of cinnamon together in a bowl; add milk and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Pour melted batter into the bottom of a Dutch oven. Pour batter over butter. Gently spread peach mixture with syrup on top of the batter.
- Bake cobbler in the preheated oven until syrup is bubbling and crust is risen and golden brown, 50 to 55 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute spiced rum for the rum.
Per Serving: 386 calories; 12.8 75.3 4.1 34 403 Full nutrition