Ingredients50 m servings 229
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth over the onion mixture; add tomatoes, 1 tablespoon cilantro, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, place a cover on the saucepan, and simmer until the tomatoes are really soft, about 15 minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid in place; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth and return to the saucepan.
- Put pureed soup over medium heat and cook until hot, about 5 minutes. Stir remaining tablespoon cilantro and the heavy cream into the soup.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 229 calories; 14.7 20.5 3.4 41 795 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Delicious! I only puréed half of it. Enjoyed the thicker texture
I didn't add cilantro (none of my family likes it) but used basil as someone else suggested. It tasted very plain.
Really tasty... I subbed greek yogurt for the cream... this dish is good with or w.o this added
Had to make a few alterations due to health issues. Used gluten free broth. I have to be dairy free so I used coconut cream. Cilantro tastes like soap to my husband and me, so left that out. Use...
What a great recipe. Like many of you I tweeked it a bit. I caremalized the onions and added some garlic. I subbed out the cilantro for basil and added 1/4 cup of parmasian cheese while the s...
This was really good. I'm trying to get away from prepared canned soups with strange ingredients and are high in carbs and salt. I made this for lunch today and we really liked it a lot. I fo...
Loved i! Very versatile would may be consider roasting some red bell peppers, adding a little more stock. The blender stick worked well for pureeing soup.
This soup is great! Super tasty, and has quite a kick. I didn't measure the red pepper flakes so that might be why it why so spicy!
I subbed parsley instead of cilantro and added a bit of fresh Parmesan cheese in the bottom of my bowl. I used fireroasted tomatoes with garlic so I didn’t add any extra garlic.