Chicken in Lemongrass Coconut Broth
Ingredients45 m servings 551
- Mince the lower 2/3 of lemongrass stalk. Bruise the remaining upper portion of lemongrass stalk by hitting it with the back of a knife.
- Pour chicken stock into a large pot; add minced lemongrass, bruised lemongrass stalk, 1/2 the ginger, lime leaves, garlic, and Sriracha sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer. Add chicken to simmering broth; cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Remove lemongrass stalk and lime leaves using a slotted spoon; discard.
- Place cilantro bundle in the broth and simmer for 2 minutes. Add coconut milk, remaining ginger, brown sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce. Remove cilantro bundle using a slotted spoon; discard. Simmer broth, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil. Add ramen and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Drain and portion noodles into serving bowls.
- Mix carrots, tomatoes, and green onions into broth. Ladle broth over noodles; garnish with cilantro.
- Cook's Notes:
- If not salty enough, add another tablespoon fish sauce.
- If it's too sour, add 1 tablespoon white sugar or more if needed.
- If too spicy, add coconut milk.
- If not spicy enough, add more Sriracha sauce.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount for the ramen and seasoning packets.
Per Serving: 551 calories; 24.2 56.5 29.8 45 1646 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Didn't have lime leaves and did use tomatoes & less fresh ginger (personal taste). Added some baby bok choy and used ramen from my chineese grocery store. Loved the Cook's Footnotes. Awesome.
This is delicious. I made this for my fussy family and my husband loves a rich depth to a soup or sauce. I made this and exchanging the lime leaves for zest, and no chicken. I was looking for...
So good... another win at home! I changed the lemongrass to lemongrass paste, changed the lime leaves to lime zest, used ginger paste, and doubled the sriracha. Everyone loves!
I like Thai soups with lemongrass, so I thought I'd try this recipe. I personally liked it and my son did, too, but my daughter and husband weren't really fans. I couldn't find the lime leav...