V's Grilling Marinade
"This marinade works well with beef, chicken, pork, and portobello mushrooms. I like to use sirloin tips or a flank steak sliced on the bias and cook it to medium-rare. The tea adds a touch of smoky flavor. I substitute orange juice if I don't have pineapple juice. I don't always add the sherry, but I use it when I have it."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 69
Original recipe yields 20 servings (2 1/4 cup)
- Pour boiling water over tea leaves in a mug and steep for 3 minutes; strain and discard tea leaves. Dissolve brown sugar into the tea and set aside to cool.
- Combine pineapple juice, tamari, canola oil, ginger, garlic, sherry, and honey in a jar; add tea mixture. Seal jar and shake until the oil emulsifies into the marinade.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
- Cook's Notes:
- Marinate your items in this for four hours, turning once.
- Use whatever type of cooking oil you have on hand. Regular soy sauce can be used in place of tamari, as well.
Per Serving: 69 calories; 5.6 4.2 0.8 0 409 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1