Ingredients45 m servings 528 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken in hot oil until cook through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute zucchini, yellow squash, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil until slightly tender but still crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir chicken into vegetable mixture.
- Whisk chicken broth and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth. Pour chicken broth mixture into chicken mixture; bring to a boil and cook until liquid thickens; 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add bow-tie pasta and stir to combine.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use a prepared lemon-pepper sauce or marinade instead of the lemon juice and pepper. These prepared products are fairly strong, so start by adding a tablespoon or two, then taste and adjust.
- For a vegetarian version, skip the chicken, use a mild vegetable stock, and double the zucchini and yellow squash.
Per Serving: 528 calories; 17.8 g fat; 59.8 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 61 mg cholesterol; 424 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Great recipe! It's very versatile. I used zucchini, squash, broccoli and carrots. I also substituted fettuccine for the bow tie pasta since I didn't have any. I used a rotisserie chicken and jus...
I thought this was awesome! Only changed veggies since I don't care for zucchini or squash so I used stir fry veggies . Great flavor, consistency and seasoning....I even uploaded a picture of wh...
We normally love any lemony chicken dish but didn't much care for this. I know that cornstarch sauces can be weird so I finished it with a pat of butter but that only helped a little. I think th...