Short Rib Tsimmes
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 1363
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Season short ribs with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions in hot oil until softened and translucent, 7 to 10 minutes; transfer to a bowl
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining tablespoon oil to the skillet. Cook short ribs in hot oil until browned on all sides, 2 to 4 minutes per side; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, prunes, honey, and cloves together in a large bowl. Pour onion mixture over short ribs into slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 1363 calories; 60.9 176.3 37.5 124 664 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I found a 3 lb bag of prunes in my pantry that I didn't know what to do with, so I went a-huntin' for prune cooking. I have no idea what a tsimmes is, but holy hannah it's sweet. Like, sweeter ...