Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 299 cals
- Cupcake Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Line muffin pans with baking cups.
- Empty contents of large pouch into a large bowl.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds).
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter evenly into the 12 cupcake liners (approximately 1/2 full).
- Bake in centre of oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 18-23 minutes. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in pan, then remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Frosting Instructions: Mix softened butter with electric mixer on high for 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Scrape.
- Slowly add frosting mix to butter while mixing on low speed for an additional 1 minute. Scrape.
- Add water.
- Start mixing on low. As frosting starts to come together, gradually increase speed to high. This step may take up to 3 minutes.
- Mix on high for an additional 3 minutes.
- Fill provided pastry bag with frosting (place bag in tall glass to make filling with frosting easier).
- Cut approximately 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) from the tip of the pastry bag.
- Insert cut pastry bag into top of cupcake and squeeze gently to fill cupcake with approximately 1 tablespoon of frosting.
- Slowly remove pastry bag and swirl approximately 1 tablespoon of frosting on top.
- For an even richer cream cheese flavour replace 1 stick of butter with 2 tablespoons brick cream cheese and 4 tablespoons (60 mL) butter. Mix as directed above.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 16 g fat; 39.9 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 98 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I added some cinnamon and butter flavor to the cupcake and cream cheese frosting it was great my family and I loved they want me to make them agian!!?? ??
These cupcakes are very yummy, I made them for a dinner party and they were gone in a flash!
The cake was good but tasted like regular strawberry cake mix. The frosting that comes with this is gross.