Ingredients8 h 55 m servings 394 cals
- Put pork in a dish, and add the wine, paprika, bay leaf, cloves, pepper, salt and 2 cloves of garlic. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons margarine. Saute onions, tomatoes and 5 cloves of garlic. Cook gently until onions are soft; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the clams, discarding any that are open. Add them to the onion/tomato mixture. Cover, and cook over high heat until all clams have opened, about 5 minutes, then cook for another minute.
- Meanwhile, drain the pork; set marinade aside. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons margarine in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook pork until brown on all sides. Stir in marinade, and cook until there is very little liquid left. Keep turning pork or it will stick and burn!
- Serve the pork, the clams in their shells, and the onion mixture with boiled potatoes. Sprinkle everything with coriander and parsley, and garnish with lemon quarters.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 18.2 g fat; 19.3 g carbohydrates; 29.4 g protein; 77 mg cholesterol; 211 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Easy and delicious dish! I adapt it to how my family makes it (I am Portuguese) and take out the tomatoes and add some olive oil.
Great! My family loves the delicate combination of flavors... I also used the olive oil instead...
I'm Portuguese and now live in Portugal, so this dish is made often in our home. I use olive oil instead of margarine, and serve it with cubed fries and some olives for garnish and chopped pick...
My family also does not make this with Tomato. Every Christmas eve I look forward to this meal, it is the only time of the year that we make it. I think that thing I love most about this dish ...
Made this for my Portugese boyfriend. He said it was great and liked it better than his own. He especially loved the sauce, only wished there was more of it. Needs more cilantro than called f...
I made this for dinner one night it turned out wonderful! My 8 year old wasn't too thrilled, but the adults were very pleased!