Ingredients1 h servings 563 cals
- Put bean thread noodles in a large bowl. Pour enough warm water over the noodles to cover by an inch. Soak noodles until softened, about 15 minutes; drain. Cut noodles into shorter lengths as desired.
- Put chicken breasts in a large pot with enough water to cover by a few inches; bring to a boil and cook chicken until until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred into strands with 2 forks; return shredded chicken to the pot of boiling water.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot and reduce heat to medium-high; add onion, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce, and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper. Bring liquid again to a boil and add the bean thread noodles; cook at a boil until the noodles are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir bok choy into the liquid; cook just until the leaves wilt slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
Per Serving: 563 calories; 20.8 g fat; 29.4 g carbohydrates; 70.6 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 1533 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
`I was looking for a good chicken long rice recipe and this one was exactly what I was looking for. Aloha bro!
Great recipe. I doubled the recipe and instead of using chicken thighs, I used chicken tenders. I also added 2T oyster sauce and green onions. Family loved it. I brought some to work so my co-w...
I'm Native Hawaiian and we serve this a lot at parties and luaus, using huge portions. What's good about this, its a smaller portion. Next time I make this I will cut back on the long rice and...
I made it just like the recipe EXCEPT I didn't have any bokchoy. It was delicious! I made it as a main dish instead of a side dish and I was filled and happy. My left overs made great side dishe...