Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 279
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Rub potatoes with olive oil and salt; pierce each several times with a fork and arrange onto a baking sheet about 6 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool until cool enough to handle, keeping oven heat at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop potato from each half into a bowl, leaving about 1/4 inch of the potato attached to the skin all the way around.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute garlic in butter until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir scooped potato, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, and most of the green onion together with the garlic and butter; cook and stir the mixture until heated and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop the potato mixture into the potato skins and arrange onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in oven until heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with remaining green onion, bacon, and paprika.
- Cook's Note:
- After all ingredients are added to saucepan, you can also heat thoroughly on stove top stirring continuously so as to not burn. This will shorten the final bake time.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 12.3 33.9 9.6 29 725 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I've made this twice now for two different parties, and am making it again tonight for New Year's Eve. It's been a huge hit every time! For parties I make it with smaller "two bite" potatoes.
Very easy and tasty. I made mine in the microwave. They came out great.
Tasty and easy to tweak with other toppings. can't go wrong and everyone will love them. I used regular potatoes because it was what I had on hand, just left a little extra pulp on it so the ski...
It was a great hit. Everybody raved about it. I made a couple changes. I never put the bacon on it. I started with caramelized onions and then added all the rest of the ingredients. I made it sp...