Ingredients8 h 20 m servings 162
- Season pork roast with salt and ground black pepper on all sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook roast in hot oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Top roast with chopped onion, chile pepper, hot pepper sauce, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Pour enough water into the slow cooker to come 1/3 the way up the sides of the roast.
- Cook on High for 6 hours, adding more water if mixture becomes too dry. Reduce heat to Low and cook until meat is tender and falling apart, 2 to 4 hours more. Transfer roast to a bowl and shred meat using two forks. Return meat to slow cooker with 2 cups cooking liquid.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 162 calories; 8.3 3.3 18.2 53 303 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Great recipe. Only change I made was fresh jalapeño instead of green chiles & sriracha sauce instead of hot pepper sauce. Mixed it with habanero salsa after it was finished. I like things hot & ...
This meat was very moist and flavorful, but it was very very hot. .. It mellowed a bit overnite, but still was too much for me. I topped this with some greek yogurt and it was much better. Be ca...
Great dish. I use jalapeño peppers in place of the chilis. But the balance is the same. Everyone loves this dish.
So for the time ever on Allrecipes I did not make this exactly as written. Although I like spice I knew this would be way too much for me, so I only used 1/2 cup green chiles and 2oz of hot sauc...